This qualification is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of Food Allergens and foods that commonly cause intolerances, this knowledge is vital when working within the Food Industry; lack of awareness can have serious consequences.
- The importance of providing accurate allergen information and the potential implications of failing to provide correct information to consumers
- Identifying the common symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerances
- Identifying common food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerances
- Understanding the procedures for identifying and controlling contamination from allergenic ingredients
- Knowing common sources and vehicles of contamination, and appropriate hygiene controls that food handlers should follow to prevent allergenic contamination in catering businesses
- Identifying potential Food Allergen cross-contamination hazards and controls at specific process steps from purchase to service
- Understanding the procedures for the accurate communication of Allergen Information to consumers
- Identifying methods of locating accurate Allergen Information
These qualifications are provided by The Highfield Group.